fredag den 8. november 2013

Fancy Friday #28: Studs

Today's challenge is studs. I don't own any - never felt the incling to do a manicure with them. So I basically didn't have the one thing I needed to make good on this challenge :D
But then I remembered I had some rhinestones left over from some body nail art kit - and decided to pull them out and paint them with gold polish.

.

I also decided I'd pair them with my BarryM Denim nail polish, it is such an incredibly beautiful polish.


The polish is rather thick and fully opaque with one coat. It dries matte and satiny and has a tendency to get drag marks if if you don't work fast.


I used two coats to get this look and decided not to top coat it, I think a lot of this polish' appeal is that smooth and satiny finish.


I used a large dotting tool to make the stud base and then applied my gold painted rhinestones. Unfortunately the dots were not big enough to achieve the look I was going for so I had to dot around the studs afterwards.


I am reminded of my teenage years Levi's when I look at these :D - oh and I really appologise for the rather wobbly execution of the mani, it is my non-dominant hand that has been put to good use here ;)


Fælles Fredag #28 er nitter. Jeg har endnu ikke haft følt for at skulle bruge dem til nail art så jeg har bare ikke fået købt nogen. Hvad jeg i stedet gjorde, var at tage nogle rhinsten jeg havde og malede dem med en guldlak og besluttede med det samme at lave cowboybuksenitter med min BarryM Denim lak. Den er helt vidunderlig, der er ikke noget ved den lak jeg ikke synes er fantastisk. Jo måske lige at man kan risikere at lave spor i lakken med penslen hvis man ikke arbejder hurtigt nok, den tørrer nemlig super hurtigt!! Den er dækkende i et lag, tørrer mat og den shimmer her er jo helt fantastisk!!!! Og undskyld den noget ujævne finish på de nitter, jeg er jo venstrehåndet ;)

Husk også at checke de andre Fælles Fredag piger og deres version af ugens tema :)