lørdag den 4. januar 2014

A sort of Bucket List


Like last year I've been doing some thinking on what's to come in the following year - and just for the fun of it let's take a look at what I set as goals last year at this time:

So what's to come for me in 2013?
Mostly I'd love to do a refurbishing of my little corner of the nail blogging world so watch out for a new look during the next couple of months. And then I would hope to get even more posting done. I was going to join the Crumpet 31 day challenge here in January but who was I trying to kid? I haven't even finished my 52 week challenge yet for God's sake!! So I will be looking around for some new challenges throughout the year.

On my facebook page I was talking about doing Untried Sunday to get through the polishes I still haven't worn and the more I've thought about it the more I am liking that idea. So starting from next Sunday that little challenge will be set in motion.

And to set myself an overall goal for 2013 I have decided to aim for 120 posts for the coming year. Hopefully it will be many more but this number seem attainable to me and that is what is important I think.


As the more perceptive of you have realised THAT refurbishing never materialised though it still is a huge want for me. Untried Sunday was a fun but short lived idea - I might pick it up at another time though, if I can fit it in. And the 120 post aim...well we can all see that I was 9 posts short of breaking even with the amount of posts for 2012 :D

So am I disappointed? No, not in the least. Because this year I started a nail art challenge that I've actually stuck with - and only done bulk posts twice. My Facebook page got more than a 100 more followers than the blog. I got on Instagram in August when I got my new android phone - and after five months I have 259 followers which I find AMAZING. My nail art skills have improved dramatically and I seem to actually keep getting inspiration for manis that doesn't feel too "done before".

To me it is all about enjoying the good things in life instead of dwelling on the less fortunate stuff.

So what's to come during 2014?

Well I will continue the Fancy Friday challenge, we've been going for seven months and there are challenges planned up until April.

I will be showing you guys my older stash - or at least a part of it because I am joining The Crumpet's Golden Oldie Thursdays, with kick-off thursday next week.


I'm still keeping the refurbishing idea alive, I really want that to happen this year.

Oh and I'm aiming for 500 followers on Instagram when we get to September and 800 Facebook followers before summer.

I also chose the 12 designs I liked the most this year and made a collage - something I really need to work on...

Yeah I know, I got two pictures of my Doctor Who 50th anniversary mani - I really, really liked it 
Have you made a bucket list? Or do you just take it easy and see what comes along? Either way I'd love to hear what you would like to happen with your blog during 2014. Feel free to leave a comment below.