mandag den 10. februar 2014

Fancy Friday #41: Match Your Eyes

Yay, a blue challenge Again, since I've got blue eyes - and late again, my life has been taking over but in a good way ;).

This time I decided to play with texture polishes...and a fan brush. I saw a sneak peak of a fan brush gradient my good friend Jacki from Adventures in Acetone did earlier in the week and I thought I'd try it with textures.

And it all ended up looking like this:


I used these beauties for this gradient:

Sinful Colors Blue Persuasion,  OPI Tiffany Case    Julie G Blueberry Fizz


I really like the fluidity of this in particular the transition from the dark to the lighter polish.


It is difficult to see the transition from Tiffany Case to Blueberry Fizz, but that is mostly due to my inexperience with the fan brush and how to align it on the nail to get all colours placed correctly. And my nails are really small which I also didn't take into account when I layed out the colours. Note to self: the stripes of polishes need to be much thinner than I think!!

I found the technique itself a good alternative to spongeing.


I will definitely try the fan brush for a regular gradient - perhaps for the challenge later this week...and if you want to try this yourself there is a great tutorial for this at the Neverland Nail Blog.

If you want to see the colours of the other Fancy Friday girls, hurry on over to check out their blog posts.

Hurra for endnu en udfordring hvor jeg kan lege med blå neglelak :D. Jeg har denne gang kastet mig ud i at lege med en viftepensel til en teksturgradient, overraskende ok resultat synes jeg. Det er dog lidt svært at se overgangen mellem de to lyse lakker, men det er mere fordi teknikken er helt ny for mig og mine negle ALT for små til de ret tykke streger jeg fik påført penslen :D.