mandag den 23. juni 2014

Fancy Friday #60: Skittlette

Today's Fancy Friday challenge is Skittlette. The term was coined almost a year and a half ago by the wonderful Marta Warmuz over at ChitChatNails.

For this one I chose some of my most recently acquired polishes. I am part of an international nail polish swap group on facebook where we do swaps four times a year. Our partner is secret so we don't know who will be sending to us until we get our lovelies.

This time around the lovely Spencer got stuff for me, and she really did spoil me. Amongst other polishes she sent two Milani cremes that are so me: Vivid Violet and Power Periwinkle - and a wonderful Zoya glitter polish that I unfortunately don't know the name of since the sticker never arrived with the package.

And this is what I ended up creating:

Vivid Violet turned out shy with its violetness when photographed...


I did a sponge gradient on my index and middle finger with the two cremes - and tried for some swirl nail art on the ring finger with Elevation Polish Vinson which wasn't too advanced :D


And the sun was out so I had to get a pic of it in the lovely bright summer light ;)



The iridescent glitters almost looks like small pieces of Mother of Pearl!!


The gradient is a bit on the sheer side but despite that I think this looks quite good.

Make sure you check out the rest of the Fancy Friday girls manicures - they are extremely amazing!!!

Så blev det tid til Skittlette i Fælles Fredag udfordringen. Jeg tror jeg laver skittletter hver 3. gang jeg lægger neglelak, det er en fantastisk måde at få brugt flere lakker på - og få testet forskellige nail art teknikker. Her har jeg brugt nogle Milani lakker som jeg har fået via en lakbyttegruppe jeg er en del af på Facebook.