torsdag den 18. september 2014

Golden Oldie Thursday #37: Burnt Orange/Copper

I have a polish the same colour as copper pennies that hasn't seen light of day since the week it was bought - and the sad little bugger only got a one finger swatch back then!!

GOT to the rescue!!

Illamasqua Shrapnel was one of three polishes created by fans of Illamasqua and I bought it in my very first order together with the other two fan collaboration shades: Raindrops and Eclipse - incidentally polishes that has suffered almost the same sad fate as Shrapnel.

I usually don't like that colour on me but I am not hating this either, which is good :D.


I had some bubble issues which I can only connect to my base coat so I won't use Sally Hansen's Nail Quencher together with Shrapnel ;). Top coating it didn't help the bubbling so I decided to stamp it - my go-to rescue.


I used Messy Mansion plate no. 20 for this image...


...and stamped with BarryM Gold Foil:


As you can see my rescue attempt didn't help much  - bubbles are totally visible :D




I really like this even though I shy away from colours like this - maybe I should try some more.

Remember to check in with the rest of the GOT polish girls and see which polish they have chosen for this week's challenge.