søndag den 16. november 2014

52 Week Pick 'n' Mix Week #7: Wild Animals

I've been slacking on my 52 week challenge, but this week I have actually done both prompt in two different manis. Prompt one is Wild Animals and the Golden Oldie prompt is Yellow.

So first up is Wild Animals.


I instantly knew I was going to try out the cute animals tutorial that Jacki from Adventures in Acetone did a long time ago, they are so darn cute. In particular the monkey. What I didn't do was follow it :D - I was watching The Flash together with hubby while trying to do the monkey design - and we watched it on the computer and my phone was down so I did them from memory.


As you can see I got the proportions warped a bit, the upper face is a little too wide so the lower face is almost the same width. Not that it isn't cute to look at, but it looks more like a teddy bear than a monkey :D


I used Illamasqua Nurture as base, YSL La Laque no 36 Rich Coffee and Zoya Pasha for the monkey.


I loved doing these even though they weren't quite successful - and I will definitely follow Jacki's animal tutorials again :).

Take a look at the wild animals and yellow manis the Nail Tarts have come up with this week.