lørdag den 8. november 2014

Fancy Friday: Fan Brush/Sugar Spun

This challenge had me in frustrated ramblings within five minutes, haha. See I have done a fair amount of fan brush nail art so naturally I decided on sugar spun as my challenge. And boy did I regret that several times while I made these.

So welcome to nail fail city.


I used Elevation Polish Atop the Ferris Wheel as base colour and thought that since this was inspired by the fairground I'd choose colours that would fit as cotton candy, which really is spun sugar. So I decided to use Dior Porcelaine, Elevation Polish Mount Ventoux, Illamasqua Nomad and nails inc. oxford circus.


And colour wise I think this works great but Damn this was a hot mess. I definitely didn't have patience enough when I did it because I couldn't wait until the polish was dry enough.


Which resulted in all those huge ugly blobs you can see.


And the fact that I chose to do my very first sugar spun with four colours probably didn't help me much either.


I was at my wits end and decided never to do this again. BUT I have come to the conclusion that I need to try this at least one more time to see if I can't get it to work for me. Mostly because I've seen them done looking totally awesome.


Remember to check out what the rest of the wonderful Fancy Friday girls have come up with.

Nå, velkommen til denne uges nail fail. Jeg har valgt sugar spun som min udfordring for det har jeg aldrig prøvet før, mens jeg har lavet rigtig mange fan brush manier. Det var så ikke det bedste valg for mig, er du gal hvor jeg bandede hele vejen igennem. Det har jeg godt nok ikke tålmodighed til - og så gjorde det ikke sagen lettere at jeg havde valgt fire forskellige farver. :D